Perry Graduated with a degree in economics and marketing from the University of South Carolina in December of 2016 while playing quarterback for the Gamecocks from 2013-2016.
In 2013, Perry was a preferred walk-on for the University of South Carolina, where he began his career sixth string on the depth chart, eventually becoming the starter during the 2015 and 2016 seasons. Through his hard work, dedication, and perseverance, he earned a full scholarship prior to the 2015 season. Perry appeared in 20 games and made 11 starts for the Gamecocks.
“If you want something bad enough, you will find a way to make it happen.”
Perry is excited to start his new career in insurance, and plans to make this into a life long career.
Perry is originally from Jacksonville Florida, where he has 2 brothers Calvin (graduate & baseball player of the Citadel), Evan (QB at university of South Alabama), and sister Angela (student at Florida State College of Jacksonville). Parents are Rusty and Anna Orth.
His Gamecock career stats are 2,595 passing yards with 12 touchdowns… Rushed 54 times for 125 yards and two scores… also scored a 17 yard receiving touchdown against the Florida Gators. He was voted by his teammates as a Team Captain during the 2016 season.
- Bachelor Degree from The University of South Carolina
- Licensed Property and Casualty Agent
- Team captain for the Gamecock’s football 2016 season.
- National Semi Finalist for the Burlsworth Award for the most outstanding college football player who began his career as a walk-on.
- Nominee for the William V. Campbell award which is the player with the best combination of academics, community service, and on-field performance.
- 2016 Harold White GPA Award