IMG President Mark Ackerman’s in-depth industry perspective keeps IMG in synch with the latest trends in the employee benefits field. His experience guides daily operations, and his interest in history helps him understand how the past leads to the present. He uses this awareness to shape IMG’s long-term plans and goals.
Mark’s career path garnered valuable experience that prepared him for leadership in the Employee Benefits field. He began with The Equitable in 1987. Working with business owners led Mark to the benefits side of insurance. Prior to joining IMG in 2011, he was vice president of the Life & Health Department at a large insurance agency for over fifteen years.
“I’ve seen this field from the ground up and it gives me a broad perspective of the thorny issues that arise in employee benefits. Cutting out the thorns — that’s my objective. As for my goal, it’s fundamental — the best combination of benefits and affordable premium possible.”
Mark graduated from Mercer University in 1986 with a BA in History. He’s a former board member of the University of South Carolina Libraries.
In his free time, Mark enjoys music, reading, college sports, jogging, boating, traveling, and concerts, particularly those featuring southern rock bands! He and Mandy, his wife of over 25 years, have a dog and live among friends by Lake Murray.
- Licensed Life, Accident and Health agent
- National Association of Health Underwriters, member
- South Carolina Association of Health Underwriters, member
- Columbia Association of Health Underwriters, member, past Vice President
- Advisory Board Member for The Salvation Army
- 2018 & 2019 BlueChoice HealthPlan President’s Honor Council
- 2019 BlueCross BlueShield of South Carolina Agent Advisory Council Member