How to Make Cloth Face Coverings
The CDC recommends wearing cloth face coverings in public settings where other social distancing measures are difficult to maintain like grocery stores, shopping malls, and pharmacies. Simple cloth face coverings can be made at home and may help prevent the spread of COVID-19.
Materials needed are:
- Two 10”x6” rectangles of cotton fabric
- Two 6” pieces of elastic (or rubber bands, string, cloth strips, or hair ties)
- Needle and thread (or bobby pin)
- Sewing Machine
When making your cloth face covering make sure:
- It fits snugly but comfortably against the side of the face
- Completely covers the nose and mouth
- Is secured with ties or ear loops
- Includes multiple layers of fabric
- Allows of breathing without restriction
- Can be laundered and machine dried without damage
For steps on how to make your cloth face covering visit: www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019 for more information.