COVID-19: Cleaning and Disinfecting Your Home
When cleaning your home:
- Wear reusable or disposable gloves for routine cleaning and disinfection.
- Clean surfaces with soap and water, then use disinfectant
- Cleaning with soap and water reduces number of germs and dirt on the surface. Disinfecting kills germs on surfaces.
Practice routing cleaning for frequently touched surfaces including: tables, doorknobs, light switches, countertops, handles, desks, phones, keyboards, toilets, faucets, sinks, etc.
When disinfecting your home:
- Many products recommend keeping surface wet for a period of time.
- Precautions such as wearing gloves and making sure you have good ventilation during use of the product.
- Check the label to see if bleach is past its expiration date.